COVID-19 Updates – Last updated 4.21.20
Share a Smile Project:
We understand the visitation restrictions in place to protect your loved ones are difficult during this time. To prevent our valued residents from feeling lonely, isolated or sad, our team is doing everything in its power to spark smiles on their faces. Through our #ShareASmileProject, we’re finding creative ways that both our team and the community can engage and share smiles with residents. For example, our staff has enjoyed brightening peoples’ day with dress-up themes like Tie-Dye Day or Crazy Hat Day or handing out special treats. Also, through our special project, community members can Share a Smile three different ways: by mailing cards, sharing a fun video or sharing an encouraging post on social media. To learn more about how you can be involved in the #ShareASmileProject during this time, click here.
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and out of an abundance of caution, Shannondale is taking every preventative and safety measure. We are following protocols from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), State Department of Health and the American Health Care Association. At Shannondale, we are putting residents first. We are honored and privileged to care for your loved one.
The following steps are being taken:
- There is a temporary restriction on visitors to our premises to prevent exposure to our residents.
- All resident activities have been adjusted to meet CDC guidelines.
- All employees are being screened for symptoms on a daily basis at beginning of shift.
- We are following the highest cleanliness and sanitation standards and procedures.
- Our teams are continually monitoring residents/staff for symptoms.
- Employees are instructed to stay home if they are experiencing any illness or symptoms and are required to follow best practices to prevent possible exposure such as proper handwashing, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Daily training and updates are being provided to staff to ensure everyone is aware of the most current protocols.
How to Help Your Loved Ones:
Shannondale takes our residents’ health and social wellness seriously. We are developing new activities and are ensuring every resident has interaction with our activities staff and other Shannondale staff. Our goal, as always: keep residents happy and engaged. Especially, throughout this quarantine period.
Residents enjoy receiving communication from their families and friends. These are a few ways you can keep your loved one feeling connected:
- Call them – US Cellular donated mobile phones for the residents to use to talk to family members. Our staff can help you connect, just ask one of our employees.
- Send a card – mail directly to the community with their name on the envelope
- Film a video or record a message they can watch. Email to: email@example.com.
- Send (or drop off at the front desk) books to read or activity books like crossword puzzles or word searches. We will ensure they receive your care package.
- This statement will be updated and adjusted as needed to ensure compliance with federal and state protocols.
If you usually pick up incoming mail for your loved one, please contact us to arrange for pick up: Knoxville – (865) 690-3411 or Maryville – (865) 982-4599.